This topic contains 3,313 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by egecvagivom 2 days, 12 hours ago.
October 6, 2017 at 8:44 am #641katie
Hi all, I will be starting my clinical rotations in the ICU, which may be cardio, neuro, surgical, or medical. I was wondering about common drugs in the ICU. What are the most common icu drugs? Are there some that are used in all units or special ones for particular ICUs? Thanks so much! 🙂October 6, 2017 at 9:35 am #644Jamiee RN
“Hi all, I will be starting my clinical rotations in the ICU, which may be cardio, neuro, surgical, or medical. I was wondering about common drugs in the ICU. What are the most common icu drugs? Are there some that are used in all units or special ones for particular ICUs? Thanks so much! :)”
So here are some common drugs/drips used in ICU settings that I can think of off the top of my head, hope this helps
- Dopamine: an inotrope run at low doses to increase renal perfusion higher doses for increase in BP
- Levophed: Alpha/Beta agonist increases blood pressure/heart rate
- Neosynephrine:alpha-adrenergic increases blood pressure only not heart rate
- Vasopressin: increases systemic vascular resistance and mean arterial blood pressure used as last choice for severe hypotension in sepsis or sometimes with diabetes insipidus which you could see in neuro or surgical icu
- Versed:Benzo long acting sedation
- Propofol:Hypnotic short acting sedation
- Ativan:Benzo long acting sedation
- Precedex:Selective alpha2-adrenoceptor agonist with anesthetic and sedative properties. My least favorite sedation drug
- Amiodarone: VF,VT,SVT, Afib conversion
- Procainamide: VT
- Adenosine: SVT
- Cardizem: Afib RVR, pSVT
- Lidocaine: VF,VT,pSVT
October 6, 2017 at 9:15 pm #645Jay W. RN
- Nimbex: neuromuscular blocker paralytic
- Cardene: CCB treats hypertensive crisis
- Insulin: glucose control for HHS, DKA, or in severe sepsis
- Primacor: treats CHF, cardiac vasodilator
- Nitroglycerin: vasodilator for MI
- Lasix: continual diuresis
- Protonix: GIB
- Octreotide: Varicies GIB, reduces portal hypertension
“Dopamine: an inotrope run at low doses to increase renal perfusion higher doses for increase in BP”
Just an FYI Dopamine should no longer be used for renal perfusion
see See studyOctober 7, 2017 at 3:13 am #647Renee Rn
I work in SICU we also frequently use Fentanyl gtts as part of our sedation for analgesia since propofol and versed don’t control pain.October 7, 2017 at 3:16 am #649Jake From state farm
Precedex is a worthless drug!November 22, 2017 at 3:02 pm #908Rogertok
I like to get my inspiration from really meaningful phrases said by truly great people like вЂњGood and evil, reward and punishment, are the only motives to a rational creatureвЂќ, do you know where I can find thematic compiltaions of those?December 30, 2017 at 1:10 pm #909ShelbyLek
Good post, I enjoyed it so much.I was really lucky to find your website. It has a lot of helpful information!
https://canterburyhousemtu.org/post/168573907081/helpful-tips-on-admission-essayDecember 31, 2017 at 1:14 am #910Charlesgof
Great website, how do you find all this information?I’ve read a few articles on your website and I really enjoy your writing style. Thanks a million, keep up the good work.January 2, 2018 at 3:02 am #911ShelbyLek
I browsed through this website and there is so much helpful info, bookmarked 🙂
http://deliciouspeachtimemachine.tumblr.com/January 3, 2018 at 4:18 am #912Charlesgof
Thanks for your amazing blog. It was actually very useful. I am just so glad I discovered this.
http://www.sellurdevice.com/where-to-find-professional-essay-writers-5/January 4, 2018 at 11:54 pm #913Charlesgof
Awesome! This might be by far the most helpful thing on the matter I have ever read. Many thanks for your hard work.
http://www.bizlab.pl/the-advantages-of-web-based-essay-writing-4/January 6, 2018 at 2:48 am #914ShelbyLek
I glanced through this amazing site and you’ve got so much handy info, bookmarked 🙂
https://weepingpatrolobservation.tumblr.com/post/168010797981/it-is-actually-possible-to-order-dissertationJanuary 6, 2018 at 11:41 am #915Charlesgof
Thank you for the site, it truly is loaded with so much handy info. This .
http://rjflor.com/our-top-essay-writing-service-13/January 7, 2018 at 11:45 pm #916Charlesgof
Thanks for helping people find the info they need. Great stuff as always. Keep up the good work!!!January 8, 2018 at 4:46 pm #917ShelbyLek
Thanks for sharing, I always learn something new from your posts.